tiistai 7. heinäkuuta 2015

Finnland

Now the first 250 km is behind and it is time to say good bye to Finland. At the moment i am sitting in the ferry from Finland to Estonia without maps and plans. I believe Tallinn will offer me better bicyling maps for Estonia than Helsinki. Helsinki was treating me great, I met friends and my bicycle got new tires and handlebars at Lauttasaaren Pyörähuolto. In addition, I learned punch of usufull information about my bike while fixing it.

The trip from Tampere to Helsinki went surprisingly good. When I look back, i think the 3 days i was bicycling was like a little bike trip in a big one. When i left from Tampere the sun was shining, but the headwind was pretty strong. Within first part of the day my gears broke down and i had no clue how to fix them properly, but knew enough to take me to the next bikeshop in Lempäälä where the son of the owner showed me what to do. The gears broke down second time near to Helsinki, but this time I knew what to do and managed by myself, wihiii!

The first night i pitched up my tent next to Längelmävesi in Iittala and had a swimm. We finns are spoiled people with so many beautifull lakes and fresh water. For me it offered private beaches to swimm and enojy the silence. The first day was, like first days normally are. Getting used to the new life with all the emotiotion that it includes. I definately enjoyed, but had so much adrealin in my blood that i had to remind myself to stop and relax as well.

The second day was totally different than the first day. I woke up for the rain, put down my camp, made breakfast and started the day. I enjoyed the whole day even though the rain was not easy Finnish summer rain but heavy shower. Even if I visited all tiny villages and enjoyed the Finnish countryside with many many breaks, I somehow managed to bike 120km without noticing it. Went to sleep at my friends place in Kerava and had my last Finnish sauna and got spoiled with good food! :)

So the first part went well, the blisters hopefully get eventually better and i am looking forward what the adventures in Estonia are like. I recommend vai Finlandia bike maps, they are easy to follow and the journey goes through all the cute small villages along the way. Wihiii, i can se the land already so better to go down to the deck where I get my bicycle and see what the day brings.

The song of the day http://youtu.be/CkCpXIxZZn8

Ps. Now I have been in Estonia for some days. I have spend two nights in tallinn and now camping in beautifull beaches. What would be better than having a morning swim and breakfast while listening the waves! Have had some big challenges with my bike, for example, the back rack broke down in the woods, far away from anywhere. I think my trip continues with great fortune and my rack got to be fixed and trip continued. What has been the words in my head: graditude, graditude and graditude. I had to be reminded to receive when people give. Sounds easier than it is in reality.

I will post pics when i figured it out how to get them out from my camera without cable :) here is one photo of the rack solution :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti